Having been a Wedding Photographer for over 15 years, I've seen it all. Good weddings. Crazy weddings. Scary weddings... Let's just say I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't when it comes to planning your big day!
I found a great article about choosing a Wedding Photographer from the Huffington Post. I added some of the ideas to my own below. Here's the link to the full article.
1. Don't be afraid of the price. Wedding Photos will be what you have to remember your wedding for the rest of your life.
2. What's your style? Photography, like all art, is subjective. Do you like traditional, or more edgy photos? Do you like photos that look vintage, or more artistic? Do your homework and choose a photographer with a style that fits your eye.
3. Personality. The quality of your photographs will depend on how well you click with your photographer. If you aren't comfortable, the look on your face will show it in your portraits.
4. Important elements. The details from your wedding day are what fill in the story in the wedding album. Does the photographer have an eye for what's important? Do the flowers, programs, cake, table settings, etc... look awesome in their photos?
5. Customize your package. Once you narrow down your choices, meet the photographers face to face. Make sure you can get a package that fits the needs of your wedding.
6. Good vision. You want a photographer who will create rock star photos of your wedding without too much direction from you. Hire a professional you can trust to do a great job (PS. this applies to all your vendors, and can relieve a lot of wedding day stress).
I make my living as a photographer, so obviously it's important to me that brides and grooms choose Black Dog Photo Co. as their Wedding Photographer. That being said, I want our clients to work with us because we offer the important qualities discussed above.
Choosing a Wedding Photographer is a big deal because Wedding Photos are so important. Choose wisely.
PS. Choose Black Dog Photo Co.
PPS. Planning an Akron Wedding? Want to learn more about my Wedding Photography? Hit me up here, I'd love to hear about your wedding!