Do you have really cute kids? Do you love to eat delicious cupcakes? Well, you're in luck. Black Dog Photo Co. is excited to be partnering with Main St. Cupcakes for spring mini photo sessions on April 6th. Come out to the Main Street Cupcakes in Rocky River for a spring themed photo session. It's a great deal with the purchase of one of their delicious cupcakes. For only $20 you'll receive a 5x7 print and digital file of the image of your choice. All you have to do is email or call Ryan to schedule your appointment. Times are available from 10 am to 1 pm, every 15 minutes. Don't wait too long, times are filling up already!
Is it still necessary to hire a professional photographer? Digital cameras have advanced drastically in quality, making pro quality images more affordable than ever. There are online image editing programs that offer a surprising level of functionality for free. I searched "How to Photograph a Wedding" on YouTube and got over 49,000 results! So why pay a bunch of money for photos when you can just buy your own camera, or pay a friend a few bucks to shoot them for you? Here's five good reasons:
1. Education-Those YouTube tutorials can be pretty darn informative. I use them myself for new ideas. However, a person would have to log a lot of hours on the computer to equal a college education. Many professional photographers have bachelors or associate degrees specializing in photography. (I earned a bachelor of arts in Photo-Illustration with a minor in Art History from Kent State University.)
2. Equipment-You can get a pretty awesome camera at a big box store for $500. I'm sure we all know "that guy" at the kid's soccer game with the sweet Nikon. How many of us know a non-professional photographer with $10,000 worth of lenses in their camera bag?
3. Personality-I don't know many people who truly enjoy having their photo taken. A huge part of becoming a quality portrait photographer is learning to put your subject at ease. If you feel uncomfortable and awkward during the photo session, how do you think you will like the photos?
4. Computer Skills-Ansel Adams performed his magic in the darkroom. Today's photographer uses the click of a mouse. From file management, to archiving of images, to color calibration, to image manipulation, a professional has a lot of time and cash invested in the technology of post-processing.
5. Finishing-I don't think we, as a society, print enough photos. There is real value in a print. A professional has network of companies providing cutting edge professional products for their clients.
So, is it still necessary to hire a professional? Yes. I know, I'm a little biased on this one...but trust me, you won't regret your decision.
PS This cold weather (it's 4 degrees right now!) has me craving comfort food. We had braciole (beef rolls braised in tomato sauce) with home made pasta for dinner last night. What's your favorite winter comfort food? Share it on our Facebook page!
Alright, I know we are getting pretty close to the big Holiday, so here are the details for our Holiday Mini-Sessions!
The sessions will be at Lock 3 in downtown Akron. The city looks awesome in its Holiday garb, with bows and garland, wreaths on the light poles, and a huge Christmas tree by the skating rink (check out some of the examples above and below). Sessions are about twenty minutes long, with no limit on the number of people. Included with your session are five of your favorite images on CD, a custom Holiday Card design, and 10% off the purchase of any print 11x14 or larger. The cost for the session is $75.00.
Sessions can be scheduled from 12pm-4pm on Saturday, December 1st. If extra times are needed, we can also schedule on the afternoon of December 9th. Cards and images will be ready the following week, giving plenty of time to get those cards in the mail! Call or email Ryan to schedule a time, or if you would like more details.
PS I think photos on the skating rink and/or toboggan would be pretty awesome for an adventurous family! Here's a link to the Holiday Fest if you're looking for ideas.
The rain is still tapping on the window as the remnants of "superstorm" Sandy peter out over Northeast Ohio. The high winds and rain have brought about the end of one of the most beautiful fall seasons in memory. Late summer rain and cool nights triggered the trees to unleash a gorgeous palette of red, orange and yellow hues along the banks of the Cuyahoga River. While I am sorry to see the end of a wonderful season, my cameras will be happy for the break! Our wonderful clients sure took advantage of the weather to create some amazing Wedding Photography and Family Portraits. Here's a dose of warm sunshine in a gallery of some of my favorite images from the season to warm you up on a gloomy day.
PS Fall may be winding down. Believe it or not, it's already time to start thinking about Christmas cards! Keep an eye on the Black Dog Photo Co. website for great specials on Akron Photography!
Fall is the perfect time of year for beautiful portraits in Northeast Ohio. The colors are starting to pop, and the sky is that gorgeous shade of blue that is only revealed on a crisp autumn day.
Take advantage of the season. Take advantage of a great deal as well. Black Dog Photo Co. is offering 50% off Family Portrait sessions until our son Tommy's birthday, October 26th. A portrait session at the location of your choice is just $37.50!
Don't wait too long. This is Northeast Ohio, and nobody knows when this beautiful fall will morph into winter! Get in touch with me here to reserve a time for your family.
PS We had a clam bake by the fire on Sunday night with some great friends. I think we'll have to make it a fall tradition! Do you have a favorite fall activity? Share it with us on our Facebook page.
Welcome to Black Dog Photo Co.